Friday, August 12, 2011

Follow Friday!!

It's Follow Friday!

 Today's Follow Friday question is:

 

Q. How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

 

My reading habits have changed pretty drastically since I was a teen.  When I was in high school, and even in college, I really only read what could be considered the classics.  I would get introduced to an author through a required reading assignment and, if I liked the author, he became the subject of my reading for pleasure.  My teen years were filled with Faulkner, Hemingway, Austen, Shakespeare, Dostoevsky and Salinger.  However, I have since discovered many wonderful authors to read for pleasure that are still alive and writing!  Now my reading for pleasure includes the "old masters" as well as Charlaine Harris, Jasper Fforde, and Neil Gaiman. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! you were into a lot of classics! Have you tried to re-read those classics since then? I'm trying to re-read some of the books I loved from my teens but they don't seem to hold the same magic.

    Happy Friday!

    Trish - Friday's Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have gone that route as a teen and gotten into the classics instead of avoiding reading assignments altogether. lol Good thing I love reading now! :]

    Here's my friday memes for this week.

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually couldn't get into the classics. Even being an English major. Being introduced to the paranormal at 13 got me quickly addicted. I couldn't get into anything else after that!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was never a fan of the classics, outside of a few exceptions like The Scarlet Letter, Grapes of Wrath (that's a classic, right?) and the works of Salinger. I don't think I've ever read an Austen novel, and I could never force myself to finish Dickens. My school curriculum gave us pretty broad choices in reading assignments so I think I always chose the non-classics LOL.

    Thank for stopping by my blog, you have a new follower :)

    Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I just realized I already follow you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I'm impressed that you read so many classics as a teen. I wish I had read more...and still did.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to mix in a little classical reading with my YA. Love the trend for movies coming out like Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre:) I think that encourages the younger generation to pick up the book.

    Following your blog as part of the blog hop! Here's mine:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete