Friday, September 16, 2011

Follow Friday!

It's Follow Friday!!




This week's Follow Friday question is:


Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality? 

Ohhhhh, difficult question :)

However, I really think I'd like to be able to visit the world of Thursday Next.  Jasper Fforde has created not one, but two interesting worlds.  Thursday lives in an alternate Swindon, where the Toast Marketing Board is all powerful and cheese smuggling is a major problem.  However, she is one of the rare people that can also visit BookWorld--where books are living things and characters vacation in the backstories of other books.  I'd love to be able to visit with Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice or hang out with Shadow from American Gods.    The possibilities would be endless!!

5 comments:

  1. Hah! It's almost like cheating - slipping into a world that lets you slip into other worlds. I should've thought about using Inkheart by Cornelia Funke's world and then I could read my favorite characters out of all their stories (although they'd probably be sad...). There really is far far too many options to choose just one from :)

    Rywn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get in so much trouble in a world like Pride and Prejudice. But I'd so love the dresses! Great choices! Happy friday! I'm a new follower :)
    Amy's Follow Friday

    Check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great choices, especially Pride and Prejudice! Old Follower.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-my-book-blog-friday-and-book_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh haven't heard of that one, but I love the sound of Bookworld! Totally awesome!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think you cheated ... but I totally love it! Smart choice!

    New follower! Feel free to follow me back if you'd like!
    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete