Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

The Lost Saint: A Dark Divine Novel by Bree Despain is the second of the Dark Divine novels.  The story picks up where The Dark Divine left off.  Grace's world is falling apart:  Jude is still missing, her father is gone all the time trying to find him and her mother is a mess.  On top of all this, she is trying to deal with her newly found strength and anger, while Daniel just wants everything to remain 'normal'.  And, in walks the perfect stranger:  friendly, handsome, always in the right place at the right time and willing to help Grace find Jude.  A recipe for disaster...

I have to admit that I had a hard time reading this book.  I was very surprised since I really enjoyed The Dark Divine.  I was bothered by Grace's anger and bouts of self-pity.  It is quite a turn from Grace of The Dark Divine.  Grace, however, is evolving, in more ways than one, and her evolution is painful and hard.  It's painful to read as well, but pushing through it was well worth it.

I did enjoy The Lost Saint: A Dark Divine Novel, although it was not at all what I expected.  I'm not quite sure what I did expect, but the process of Grace's transformation certainly threw me for a loop.  It is a great second segment of the Dark Divine series and I look forward to reading the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment