Friday, May 20, 2011

Follow Friday!!

It's Follow Friday!!





Welcome to any first time visitors and welcome back to any repeat visitors :)

Today's Follow Friday question is:

Q. It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...

 

Okaaaayyy...

I'm not sure I'm interesting enough to come up with five quirky/interesting things about me, but here goes.....


1.  I love to read--been doing it since I was 3.  I have a difficult time getting through the day if I don't get at least a few minutes with a book.

2.  I met my husband at my first wedding---he was dating a friend of mine & I was marrying the wrong man.  We met again 4 years later--he was single, I was divorced.  He moved in with me a few weeks later.  Still together, almost 12 years and 2 kids later...

3.  I'm fascinated by magic--not the David Copperfield kind--and I truly believe that there are people in this world that can manipulate forces in a way that others can't.

4.  While I love romance, I'm not one much for chick flicks.  Give me a good action movie any day.  Can't wait for the new X-Men and Transformers movies this summer :)

5.  I collect old editions of classics.  I don't have anything valuable, but I have copies of Pride and Prejudice and Crime and Punishment from the early 20th century.  I pick them up at used book sales :)


So, that's me.  Not the most interesting/quirky list in the world, but there it is.  Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Don't forget to hit the Follow button :)

12 comments:

  1. A great list, I have loved to read since I was little too.

    I'm a new follower! :D

    Jules

    Feel free to stop by my blog - http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about action movies. I am not a fan of movies that make me cry, or cringe with embarassment for being a girl. Give me a car chase with some explosions any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, ooh, I can't wait for the new X-Men either!!! I'm thinking James McAvoy's going to be a great Professor X. That part about your husband is what dreams are made of I think. Congrats, and you should totally write a book about it. I'd read ;)
    Thanks for following my blog, and I'm following you now, too!
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like chick flicks either! Can't stand the predictability of them. Rather see a movie that surprises me! Like the action flicks too along with some sci-fi/horror, I just don't do gore. Of course there is gore in Underworld, but...I don't like too much gore I'll say! ;)

    Thanks for visiting/following my blog! I follow you now too!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    New Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by! I love a good action movie too! I just saw Thor last night and it was amazing. It also helped that Thor is gorgeous! Happy blog hop :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun question. I’m learning so much about everybody and I don’t think most of us are as quirky as we think we are.

    My quirks seem normal enough. As I wrote them I woke up to the fact a lot of my quirks create inner conflicts. I’ve got a lot to think about!

    Follow me Back to my blog and see what quirks I’ve got – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oho, a very interesting list! :) I like that you collect classics!

    Old follower. :) My quirky list can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. What a great story about meeting your husband. I wish mine was that interesting.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara, thank you for stopping by at my blog :) I'm now following you too. Thanks for sharing the story about you and your husband, it was really nice to know that you guys are still so happy together even after 12 years.. And old editions of classics? Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #2 Wow, that is an interesting how-we-met story! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Feature and Follow Friday blog hop (finishing from last night!). Would love a follow back: blog.writerslairbooks.com. I also have twitter: @wlbks. Have a 'good read' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing story about you and your husband! I'm an old follower hopping through to wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    I'm definitely a fan of the classics! Especially Jane Austen! I love the story about you and your husband. It's like a true love story (not the chick flick version)! :)
    ~Happy Reading!~
    www.abookaddictshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete