Monday, May 23, 2011

Remembering horse riding safety basics

Guest post written by Jerry Combes


When you do something over and over, it's really easy to just get into the habit of doing it without truly thinking about it. If you're doing something where you have to worry about safety, it can sometimes be hard to remember to practice safety instead of just go through the motions of your activity. Well, I've been really bad about doing that with horse riding lately. I've been doing it for so many years that sometimes I have to refresh myself on basic safety reminders.
The best resource for that is some horse riding blogs. I went online to read through some of them about a week or so ago and while I was doing that I found some information about Email for rural users. I thought it sounded like a good idea, so I decided to sign up for the service for my home.
I think one of the important horse riding safety tips that I found recently is that you have to remember to let the horse know if you're walking behind them. Lots of accidents happen when people scare them from behind, so I'm sure to let them know I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment