Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

I always thought that this was a romance between young people and so it sat on my shelf until I was in the right mood for that kind of book.  It sat there for quite some time until, recently, I felt the need for a change in genre and decided to pick it up.  I couldn't put it down--it mesmerized me.  The story is a romance between young people, but it's so much more than that.  It's a true love story--not just a story about true love, but a story that defines love, clarifies it and shows the enduring power of it.  This book is about love, faith, trust, hope and miracles.  I loved it.

I don't know that there is anyone out there who hasn't already read this book, but, just in case, I'm going to try and avoid any spoilers.  This story touched me so deeply that I'm more inclined to write about my emotions than the substance of the book itself.  In some places, I felt my heart warm and happiness bloom inside me.  In others, I cried so hard I had to stop reading because I couldn't read the words anymore.  I didn't expect to feel this way over a story--not many stories have touched me this deeply--but I can't say enough about how much I loved it.

The Notebook was, in short, amazing.  It made me feel and believe and wish and hope and dream.  I realize now that I have this love in my life and I can only hope it continues to grow and sustain.  Love won't be denied and it can create miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment